It gives me great pleasure to invite you to participate in the Eighth Middle East North Africa Committee for Research and Treatment in Multiple Sclerosis (MENACTRIMS) Congress which will take place in Abu Dhabi from December 8th to December 9th, 2023, with the pre-congress on December 7th at the same venue.
The congress aim is to provide a forum of excellence in MS education and research. Building on the collective efforts of the scientific committee, the meeting will deliver state-of-the-art presentations on MS by renowned international and regional keynote speakers. The content of the meeting includes up to date information on the latest treatments, clinical research, therapeutic strategies, pathology, imaging, epidemiology, diagnosis, biomarkers, neuromyelitis optica, and much more.
The congress will convene over a two-day period to present major updates through plenary sessions and scientific symposia. This year’s congress will also feature parallel sessions addressed to nurses in collaboration with the International Organization of MS Nurses (IOMSN) and the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC), and to regional MS societies in collaboration with the MS International Federation (MSIF). In addition, the European Charcot Foundation will participate in the meeting through a scientific symposium.
The congress is also a great opportunity to meet and network with colleagues interested in the field of MS clinical care. More than 1000 healthcare professionals from the MENA region are expected to attend. We look forward to welcoming participants from all over the world to the breath-taking city of Abu Dhabi!
Bassem I. Yamout,MD, FAAN
MENACTRIMS is an independent non-profit scientific organization that facilitates communication and creates synergies among clinicians and scientists to promote and enhance research and improve clinical outcomes in multiple sclerosis (MS). The main objectives of the organization are as follows:
- To support and promote basic and clinical research in multiple sclerosis in the Middle East and North Africa regions.
- To act as representative of the multiple sclerosis research community.
- To be actively involved in coordinating initiatives in the field of research both in our region and worldwide in collaboration with national and international MS organizations.
- To establish National and Regional MS registries and to collaborate database in order to formulate a large MS registry.
- To develop regular updated guidelines pertaining to diagnosis and therapy of MS in this region.
- To organize at least bi-annual congresses in the field of treatment and research in multiple sclerosis.
- To encourage young researchers in the field of multiple sclerosis.
- To collaborate with relevant national and local associations in the region to enhance MENACTRIMS mission.
For more information, please visit www.menactrims.org
- Healthcare professionals and researchers involved in MS clinical care or research
- Clinical Researchers
- Residents with interest in Neurology
- Plenary sessions covering all major topics in MS
- Full day parallel session in collaboration with the IOMSN-CMSC aimed at MENA region nurses
- Full day parallel session in collaboration with the MSIF aimed at MENA region MS organizations
- European Charcot Foundation Symposium
- Recent advances in MS therapy
- MS pathology
- Immunology of MS
- Epidemiology of MS
- MS diagnosis
- Update on Secondary Progressive MS
- Neuromyelitis Optica
- Pediatric MS
- MRI in MS